Shoes, booze and boys with tattoos... ♥


Sunday 27 March 2011

Forever Exhibition - Art inspired by Ink.

The night was upon us fairly quickly, after weeks of advertising and anticipation.
After catching a delayed train to The Custard Factory, Birmingham so I could check out my hung paintings, meet a few of the artist taking part and see if anything needed to be done in preparation for this evening events.

... Wow, what a night! While eating my tea at TGI Fridays down the road from The Custard Factory, I received a text from my friends saying they had already arrived at the exhibition half an hour early and that it was already busy - so a gentle flow of people, well so I thought.

Upon arriving at The Custard Factory, I was welcomed by drowns of people, and by drowns I mean drowns, lots, loads, it was heaving (rammed) with bodies! Do you get the point!?

Once I had managed to make in through the entrance after seeing my friends just outside, I was surrounded by people. Unable to make my own path through the exhibition I just had to follow the crowds, catching a glimpse of the art hanging upon on the surrounding walls. Working our way towards the back of the room, being greeted by a few familiar faces and meeting more arriving friends; we found a little space surrounded by many.

I spent the night catching up with friends, meeting new ones, pushing my way to the free bar and getting a constant commentary from my mom; of how someone was looking at my painting and how someone else had just took yet another business card.

A couple of hours went by and the crowds were not easing up, so I shuffled my way towards the stalls near the front of the exhibition. I found great jewelery, by both Bow and Crossbones jewelleryMaria Junko Jewellery and Magnus & Bella Jewellery.

I also spent the evening eye up the most gorgeous looking cup cakes, all with tattoo inspired decoration. At the end of the evening my mom decided to buy four of these cupcakes, 'Alex Cartlidge Cakes'; to which I ate mine with a mug of tea, once I got home that night at around 1 o'clock in the morning. To say that it was delicious would be an under statement. The only way you can appreciate these cakes is try one for yourself!

There were many fantastic artists who have taken part in tonight's exhibition; making it the success it was! Hopefully there will be many more great exhibitions to come.
The following artists took part in;
(By clicking on the following names you will we be redirected to that artist website).
Dawnii Fantana
Claire-Louise Hearne
Matt Hunt
Glenn Patrick
Andrew
Tasha Lock
Kerry Evans
Rich Pearson
Helen Brown
Lewis Davies
Craven
Lee Pound
Jonathan Peeler 
Laura Spencer 
Martin Rimmer  
Anne Notghi
Lee Finnigan  
Goldilox 
Evelyn Lindsay  
Kurt Marlow  
Jemima Mantle  
Ben Rollz  
Dionne Clarke 
Jessica Gough  
Chris Seers  
Vicky Morgan  
Lee  
Justin Burnout 
Cesar  
Brad Edwards  
Ruth Burke (1) 
Ruth Burke (2) 
Aidan Bones  
Lianne Moule  
Leah Moule  
Sarah Tracey  
Sofie Simpson  
Sally Rose Photography  
James Hastings  
Becca Protheroe
Mike Williams

Jo Harrison  
Jay Vandeluxe  

 There was also fab burlesque dancers; Dutchess La-roux, Felicia Noir and Miss Von Vamp, hoop from Evelyn Lindsay who performed through-out the night who grabbed everyone's attention. There was also a great acoustic performance by The Toy Hearts! (Click the name to watch their video on you tube).


To some up it was a awesome night to be apart of!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment