Shoes, booze and boys with tattoos... ♥


Tuesday 22 March 2011

London Bound and back again.

Had a free coach ride to London courtesy of uni. The aim of the day was to check out the Pick me Up art fair in London, and to check out some of the cool cheaper art shops where we could select our portfolios from.

Upon arriving in London, we went straight to checking out the Pick me Up art fair, which was better than I expected; definitely more up my street than other 'educational' places uni, college and school have dragged us off to - not that we were made to go on this London trip.
There were some cool pieces of work in the Pick me Up fair. (See images below) Some were definitely inspiring and I felt the place had a good vibe, the artists didn't appear to be doing it to get rich or make money but I sensed they were doing it because they loved doing it, and that's what I loved! I think it is such a shame when artist, or anyone for that matter looses their true reason for doing what they do. They loose their passion and they forget why they fell in love with it in the first place.


Definately one of my favourites



Another favourite































Also when I told a friend I was off to London for the day he started having a rant about there being no bins in London; so for him personally and prove me right and him wrong. Please see images below! :)



















After I had proved my point we headed off towards Brick Lane (for obvious reasons) but also to check out the gallery space we had hired for our exhibition in July. In all honesty upon reaching the gallery, I was impressed with it's location, being close to Brick Lane is fantastic, however there are 31 of us exhibiting and the gallery space isn't massive. I am sure it will all work out, but it is a little worrying.
During our walk to and from Brick Lane, some of the graffiti around the street caught my eye and many of my fellow pupils (see below).






















A giant bird on the side of a building - it doesn't get much sweeter than that!!

We also successfully found a massive art shop - filled with treats. It was like B & Q for artists. Many of us found suitable portfolios, plus an array of pens, sketch pads, paints, brushes and other marvelous treats that us creative types get excited about!

All in all it was a very successful and fun day in London.

Right, I'm knackered so Peace I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment