Shoes, booze and boys with tattoos... ♥


Thursday 12 May 2011

Conclusion..

We have been asked to write an conclusion to sum up our third year uni, and most importantly our FMP, so here goes:

This year as been hard and frustrating with a few laughs included. I was really looking forward to this year, finally being able to make my own brief for the final major project. However by the time we reached the month where the time had come to create our own brief I was tired and frustrated with uni, and was ready to be done and go home.

After several failed attempts and a few long stories later I finally had my FMP brief. It all came about on a bit of a whim, when waiting for a train was just to boring to take I ended up reading a sci/fi fantasy book, that I would never ever read, and got so hooked I ended up wanting to illustrate it for my FMP at uni.
Looking back would I choose something different for my FMP?
There as been many times over the last few months where I have thought, "Why did I pick this" or "If I could do this again I would do something different" but in all honesty now I'm coming to the end I would not change my FMP brief. Yes, its been hard and frustrating at times but once I got over those moments, I started to enjoy the process and I am pleased with my end images (some shown in previous blog).
The third year was not what I expected in many ways; I think because I enjoyed my college FMP so much, so I kept comparing the last year of uni to the last year college and uni hasn't measured up, not in the same way. At college we had a small class with individual spaces and we all helped and supported each other throughout, and you couldn't beat playing pool and drinking beer (underage) in the pub next door on a lunchtime. HA.
Back to uni: our dissertation was a drag and I hated every moment of it, I'm not academic and never will be, however I chose a subject I was into, did a little each day and I got through it. With much help from Scott and Mom. 'Options' project sort of went by in a blur and I fell out and lost interest in it a lot. However the tutors felt it was some of my best work, I wouldn't agree it was my best work, not out of everything I've ever done, but it was my best work at uni.
My favourite piece (see image  on left) of work will always be the large painting that hangs in my mom and dad bedroom at home.


When I started my FMP, I wanted to be in love with what I was doing so my mind went back to the time when I created the painting on the left.
This painting was created during a one week project at college, I nearly ended up living in my studio to get this painting done on time - but I loved every minute of it.
I thought about create several of these paintings for my FMP, setting myself a 'one week' or 'two week' project, every week or so. After seeing Louise for a tutorial I discovered she was not a fan of this idea. I wasn't very happy. I thought about still painting on a large scale but with a different subject. While deliberating this I had to come for a few days. Upon traveling back to uni, my train got delayed

No comments:

Post a Comment