Shoes, booze and boys with tattoos... ♥


Tuesday 3 May 2011

On with the text...

Once I got home and let everything that had been discussed with Johnny and Louise, sink into my brain. I started looking at different styles of text that I felt would go with the theme of 'The Demon Girl' book.

After a few hours and a few websites later, I had downloaded a few text styles that I liked.









I then typed up and played around with some layouts on my mac, because I have an header then the main body of text I wanted two separate text styles that worked well together. I finally decided upon this:



I printed out the text to the appropriate size, and began drawing the text with ink and dip pen via a light box. Once I had done this I found the text by itself was to bare, so I began research on Victorian patterns to see what kind of patterns or imagery I could add around my text without taking away from the main illustration.

After a couple more hours I ended up with this.




I  got frustrated with myself when I accidentally smudged or dropped ink where it shouldn't go. However once I had finished I found this added to the character and hand drawn-ness or the text which I really liked, because I did not want the text to look typically computer generated.

No comments:

Post a Comment