Shoes, booze and boys with tattoos... ♥


Friday 6 May 2011

Degree show meeting - intense, scary, stressful so much to do! MUST BREATH!!

Today we got given a timetable of the next few weeks leading up to our degree show, and learned about where needed to be when, how the tutors and external examiner will be marking and grading our work.

To say the least my brain felt fried when I left the studio. I did not know where to start or what to think. I could either cry, laugh or run off to Mexico. Even the though a friend suggested running of to Mexico and getting a pretty damn good tan I decided this was not going to help me complete my degree - so I can start getting on with my life. Ok maybe not get on with my life because Im living now - now is my life; but I'm ready to move to the next faze of my life so to speak.
Anyway after getting back to my flat and just staring at my mac for a while I remembered some pretty good advice that I was given once. "Just breath, devise your work into small chunks so it's less intimidating, make lists so you don't forget anything and plan your time."I think this is some pretty damn good advice, my mother does know something after all. 'HA'. Even though I haven't always used this advice in the past I think now may be a good time to use it otherwise I might just freak at how much there is to do.

So I took a breath, and started to compartmentalise my work and make lists lots of list.

After a good hour or so I had got this list making stuff 'down to a tee'.

I have a list for my illustrations, a list for my text illustrations, a list for my presentation document ie my blog aka this what I'm writing now. (Which feels weird as Im typing this.), a list for my sketch book and finally a list for my portfolio.

OK Im freaking out a little it is still pretty intimidating everything that needs to be done, however I think I may just survive if I take one list at a time!

I also have my ipod, F.R.I.E.N.D.S's box set and of course my friends to keep my sane until the end - hopefully! Although a couple of my close friends may say I wasn't sane to begin with.

Right my list are sorted I'm more clear in my head what needs to be done, now all I have to do is do it!

DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment