Shoes, booze and boys with tattoos... ♥


Tuesday 25 January 2011

Change of Direction

I could have challenged you on your opinion on the subject of tattoos, but it’s your opinion and you are entitled to your opinion. You do not see them as I see them, and why should you? You are not me and I am not you.

I read it in three days. I fell in love with sci/fi fantasy. The way I imagined it in my head was nothing like the pictures I had seen of fantasy novels. I wanted to get it down on paper.

The book is called The Demon Girl by Penelope Fletcher.
It is a Ebook that I stumbled on by mistake. I started reading the first page out of bordem and I got hooked, drawn in. I have fallen in love with the world were they live, the demon’s they face. The demons being magical creaters , shapeshiffters, vamires, fairies, witches and humans called Clerics and disciples. I could see the world so vividly in my mind.
Rae the main character believe she is human but as always been an outsider among other humans, she could do things that she could not explain. She heals quickly, runs exceptionally fast and make things happen by the power of her mind. She lived in the human world but was drawn constantly to the world the demons lived in.
I was also drawn to the demon’s world through out this book, yes I should have been afraid of the demons and the world they lived in, but like Rae I found my curiosity over took my fear. I could not put this book down!
“Rae Wilder has problems. Supernatural creatures swarm earth, and humanity is on the brink of extinction. Stalked by a handsome fairy who claims she is like him, demonkind, she thinks maybe it was a mistake breaking the rules by going over the Wall into demon territory.
Plunged into a world of dark magics, fierce creatures, and ritual sacrifice, she is charged with a guarding a magical amulet. The changes to her mind and body are startling, but rather than accept her purpose she struggles against who she is destined to be. Throw in a big lust for a vampire who can't keep his hands off her, and life starts to get complicated.
Rae is forced to make the ultimate choice: to live and die human, or embrace her birth-right and wield magics that could turn her into something wicked, a force of nature nothing can control.” http://www.amazon.co.uk/Demon-Girl-Rae-Wilder-Novels/dp/B00480OPOK


I do believe this book is a way to go.

Peace.

1 comment: