Shoes, booze and boys with tattoos... ♥


Thursday 27 January 2011

A reply from the author...

A couple of days ago I was looking on Penelope Fletcher’s (the author of Demon Girl) website, twitter etc and I decided to email her, about how much I loved her book, and that I was planning to illustrate it for my Final Major project.

Hi,
I hope you don't mind me contacting you. I have just read your book via my iphone and I fell in love with it. I read it in 3 days, I could not/would not put it down.
I have never been a big fan of fantasy books (apart from reading the Twilight saga which I was bullied into reading by my friends. Not that I regret reading them.)
Sorry back to the point, I loved your book and can not wait till the sequels come out.
I am an Illustration student who is in her final year of study. I am just starting my final project and I had it all planned in my head what I wanted to do. That was until I read your book, and got very vivid images in my head of Rae, Breanden, Tomas, Devlin, the forest, the wall and the Clerics.
Anyway my plan for my Final Major Project at uni to create and Illustrated version of your book. I hope to send you images as I progress through my project, and hopefully get your feedback as I am Illustrating the words written by you.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks Dionne Clarke



Today I received the following reply.

 

Hi Dionne,

I don't mind you contacting me at all, I love hearing from readers and getting feedback on the story. Thank you so much for your kind words, they made my day.

Fantasy books can be such a diverse genre. I read any kind of book but admit I gravitate to the paranormal much more than I should. :)

How fascinating. I'm blown away that you would choose my words (thrilled actually) to base your illustrations on. Please do let me see them, it would be amazing to see the characters (especially Rae and Breandan) through another's eyes. Maeve would be a thing of wonders too. And the Clerics with their crimson hoods. Oh how exciting!

Thank you for taking the time to read and feedback, good luck with your studies, and please do send those illustrations! I look forward to hearing from you again.

Penelope


How cool is that! An author of a published book actually replied to my rambling email, and not only thought it was great but wants me to keep her informed in my progress and send her my illustrations. Totally pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment