Shoes, booze and boys with tattoos... ♥


Monday 24 January 2011

"Why try to be someone you're not? Life is hard enough without adding impersonation to the skills required." ~ Robert Brault

Well, my name is Dionne. I am a third year Illustration student who also wants to pursue a career in tattooing. I am learning the art of tattooing as well as studying at uni. I am originally from Dudley in the West Midlands (I am not a ‘Brummie’!) I hate my own head sometimes, my imagination is always ticking over. I’m addicted to shoes and tattoos. I have nearly 100 pairs of shoes. Getting tattooed is the best feeling ever and the feeling when tattooing others comes at a very close second! My everyday life inspires my work and my work sometimes inspires my life. As I have stated tattooing is a great passion/obsession of mine, and I am constantly looking, designing and tattooing tattoos; so without even thinking about it my tattoo style, sources and influences inspire my other works. Some people don't like this, others love it but I would not have it any other way! I plan to draw forever and open up my own studio one day. There are many places and cultures I want to explore because the world is a weird yet beautiful place to be!

I could go on for days telling you about things I like, things I don't, stories, happy memories, sad memories; however I don't believe you can truly get to know someone via the 'world wide web'. With all of today's technology and social networking sites; which, don't get me wrong they are fab for keeping in touch with friends who are in different parts of the world, but I miss the days where you HAD to pick up the phone or go out and actually meet someone to have a conversation. These days you can have a conversation, make new friends with people on the other side of the world, even have a date via skype or web cam (not that I have ever done this) and never leave your room! To me this isn't getting to know them. I believe by only using these methods of communication you can only get to know an 'internet version' of someone, however real and honest that internet version may be. It's not like meeting a friend for a drink, talking and laughing face to face.

With that said I am willing to let you guys know the 'internet version' of myself, I will try to remain myself throughout this process because why would I want to be anybody else.

Much Love.

Also for those who may be interested here's a link to my CV.
My CV

No comments:

Post a Comment