Shoes, booze and boys with tattoos... ♥


Friday 28 January 2011

Valid Information...

We had a Fig Taylor lecture/talk to day. Well, talk about a lot of information. I don’t know what to say about it, apart from it as confirmed that wanting to own my own tattoo/artist studio. Everything that Fig was saying just proved my thought’s on the Illustration rat race, it’s everything I don’t like.

We also had a group get together the other day to decide on our ‘identity’ for our Degree show. Theatrical - Apparently we’re on the drama course, does anymore need to be said? I think a lot a people are slightly concerned about how this is going to represent our course, us as a group and that it is also going to look very miss-matched. I don’t know what else to say on the matter; I think the making of the idea needs to be started and then maybe when we can see it starting to take form, we will be able to make a judgment on whether it is the right way to go. Right now I am not sure.
However, when Annika, Becca and I were brainstorming idea for the degree show we did come up with some interesting ideas; such as, Do you remember those life size boards they used to have, with a large picture of people doing something amusing painted onto them but there was a whole where the face should be - so you would stand behind the board, put your head in the hole and have your picture taken. Well we thought we could recreate one of these boards, and when guest arrive we could take their picture and give those pictures away as their freebie, a reminder of the show and the artist/illustrator’s that featured in that show.

Annika's, Becca's and my brainstorming session.

Im out.

No comments:

Post a Comment