Shoes, booze and boys with tattoos... ♥


Sunday 24 April 2011

Gigs, gigs and more gigs ..

I wanted to share with you my new found love for live gigs, especially but Marches Court and Vault of Eagles.
They are both local bands form back home.

I recently witnessed Marches Court's first gig at the Cock and Magpie in Bewdley, which happens to be owned by the girlfriend of Dave, the lead singer from Naked Remedy!
Ben Green the lead singer from Marches Court has got a great voice, and once the band has a full drum kit I believe there will be know stopping them! Check them out on there website: Marches Court.
Also check out the lead singer in facebook by clicking on his name above and watch out for more gigs, they are well worth a listen, especially if your into bluesy/soft rock music. :)

This weekend my friend 'Mrs Brand' (because she loves Russell Brand), got us involved in a mini roadtrip to Malaven with the Vault of Eagles. I had never met or seen the Vault of Eagles live, only experienced them via their website (click here)  ! This band blowed the bar away at The Great Malven  Hotel on Saturday night and was so happy to have witnessed it! The members of the band are: Mari - lead guitarist and vocalist, Hetty - base guitarist and backing vocals and Scott - drums!
I got talking to all the members and they were all really nice, quirky in there own way and they love what they do ! :)  Scott and I  got talking about tattoos, he found out about me learning the art of tattooing and he showed me an old tattoo he wants made bigger - so watch this space hopefully I'll be tattooing the Vault of Eagles drummer this summer! :)

Being surrounded by other creative souls, really give me the buzz and love of loving something. I get asked a lot if I get nervous when I'm tattooing someone, I always answer the same, 'the first time I was because I was like 'Bloody hell, I'm acting tattooing someones skin" (That someone being my mother) but no I don't get nervous, because it's what I do. I couldn't even tell you the first time I drew something, because I've been doing it for the that long.
Scott was the same he constantly gets asked if he gets nervous before he goes on stage, and his answers always the same. 'Know it's what I do, there's nothing to be nervous about, it\s a great buzz.'

I do have a love music and live gigs are the best. I find they always give me a buzz and gets my creative juices flowing, even though I don't have a musical bone in my body and my musical knowledge is pretty lame. Listening and enjoying is enough for me to be inspired to create the way I create.

No comments:

Post a Comment