Shoes, booze and boys with tattoos... ♥


Thursday 21 April 2011

Now look at those paintings...

After my relief of deciding to go back to my painted illustrations, I soon got back into my painting stride and I created these:






Not only do I enjoying creating these kind of illustrations way more than the 'transferred onto skin', it allows me to capture the colourfulness of The Demon Girl book. 

The 'transferred onto skin' illustrations were created in a way you would not normally see illustrations created, however the fact that the process to creating those illustrations was different, it was this that I liked the most about those illustrations. One of my tutors said that she wanted to see, better photography ie with a better camera, but I did take them with a digital camera. The slight blur and patchy-ness of the illustrations was purely from the way the carbon paper transferred onto skin and there is nothing you can do about it, and I think this played a major element in those illustrations - it's not like you are tattooing over the carbon transfer to make the illustration extra special - the transfer is just a transfer.



No comments:

Post a Comment