Shoes, booze and boys with tattoos... ♥


Sunday 10 April 2011

This may be of interest to you...

For the Forever Exhibition and PANDKG Magazine I was asked to right short bio, about myself and my work. This is the hardest thing to do; you want it to be interesting and honest without it sounding too honest, boring or/and cocky.

After several attempts, of writing, re-writing and re-writing again, I ended up with this:

(HAPPY READING - Don't judge me too much :/ )


I have had a passion for creativity since I can remember and been obsessed with tattoos since I was around the age of twelve - Asking my parents “When I’m 18 can I get a tattoo?”  - I never quite made it to my 18th birthday.
I got my first tattoo when a boy at my primary school jabbed his pencil into my finger, leaving a pencil mark. I got my first real tattoo a few days before my 17th birthday; I took a friend and my mom to a rough looking local tattoo shop, and got some stars tattooed onto my right foot. I’ve been addicted to ink ever since. (Now on my sixteenth.)
I am currently in my third year at Solent University studying for a degree in Illustration, while trying to make my mark within the tattoo world and I am currently seeking a tattoo apprenticeship. I know how I feel when I get a tattoo, and being able to make others feel that same way would be an honour. I believe that everybody has a story, and in many cases they have many stories, some happy, some sad, some inspirational, some heart shattering.
“Getting a tattoo is a journey not a destination” - Vince Hemington, tattoo historian.
I don’t want a job to make money, I want to do what I love - to create. I’m a firm believer in if you want something enough you will find a way to get it; and nothing thats worth having, ever comes easy! So my advice for others like myself? Take the knock backs on the chin, have faith in what you do, and keep trying! If you want it enough you’ll get there!
From a young age (turning 22 years young this July) I was always imaginative and creative, art was my strongest subject at school. However, I really found my passion for art during my BTEC National Diploma at Dudley College. During my final major project (FMP) for my BTEC, we could do what we wished so of course I went for my passion; body art! I ended up painting onto my friends bare skin, and photographing my creations. Even though uni has been fun and quite a journey, I can not wait to finish and start doing what I have always loved - Painting and tattooing!
When it comes to creating images I have a certain way of working, I love to learn the stories behind images whether they are paintings, drawing or tattoos. A lot of my tattoo inspirations leak into my work. I also love to paint on a large scale (my favourite paint is definitely acrylics) and practice tattooing as much as possible, which will hopefully help towards getting a tattoo apprenticeship.
I love expressing my stories and emotions onto canvas via my paintings, and getting them tattooed onto my body via ink, my body shows my story.
Besides my passion for art and addiction to ink, I have another addiction, shoes! With owning over a hundred pairs and having a tattoo showing my love for my footwear. One of my other hobby is photographing feet (in shoes) mainly my own, in the many pairs of shoes I own. One of my ambitions is to display these photographs that I have collected over the years, in a one off exhibition.
I plan to draw forever and open up my own tattoo/art studio with adjoining tea shop one day, where my clients can relax, and view my art work, in a friendly unique ‘english tea’ atmosphere. There's many places, and cultures I’d love to explore, because the world is massive gorgeous place to be! …

No comments:

Post a Comment